Galloway Company is a local family owned and operated specialty dairy product manufacturer specializing in fluid milk processing. We have been supplying quality dairy desserts and bases for over 5 decades. Galloway Company’s unmatched quality and service is reflected in the products we sell as well as the services we provide to support our products and our customers. We are currently recruiting for a Control Systems Engineer who will lead and coordinate all Foxboro projects.
If you’re motivated and enjoy working in an environment that promotes innovative ideas, provides opportunities for leadership and project management and you possess a drive for working with control systems, we encourage you to apply. You will be in a just-in-time, fast-paced work environment where you can gain the skills you need to achieve successful results at both an individual and team level. Galloway Company is FSSC 22000 certified in Food Safety and is a designated Well Workplace in Wisconsin.
Mix Sales Coordinator
Reports To: Mix Order Fulfillment Manager
- Be part of a group to primarily support the mix business by participating in customer service, order entry, distribution, production scheduling and some sales
- Responsible for coordinating orders, production, delivery and billing
- Liaison with plant personnel
- Track, analyze and communicate customer and product issues with co-manufacturers, QA, Operations and customers
- Approve, track and analyze freight
- Participate in month-end sales closing
- Member of the recall/recovery team
- Assist with sales needs as necessary
Primary Job Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- To be most effective you must learn the products and uses, meet the customers, visit the distribution channels, understand the network, assist with special deliveries, visit customers as needed, and attend an occasional trade show
- Participate in the daily operations meeting
- Calls Direct Store Distribution (DSD) customers for orders, enters orders, creates routes, schedules freight, and communicates with drivers and carriers. Duties are completed on a rotational basis
- Verifies money collected from DSD routes for accuracy
- Coordinates orders, production, delivery and billing with customers and co-manufacturers
- Analyze daily mix inventory against customer demand and plan/adjust production scheduling accordingly
- Monitor inventory and coordinate the process needed for transfers and orders from off-site frozen warehouse, which requires thorough understanding of off- site warehouse processes/procedures
- Communication liaison between mix team, plant personnel and other departments as needed
- Reviews and approves freight invoices
- Track and generate pay vouchers for DSD carriers
- Initial follow-up and investigation of quality issues with customers, then coordination of follow-up and reporting with co-manufacturer, QA, Operations and back to customer
- Approve, track and analyze freight, lumper fees, bill backs and concealed vendor damage, reviews for cost saving measures and implements as opportunities arise
- Knowledgeable participant in weekly and monthly mix pricing
- Knowledgeable participant in month-end sales closing
- Knowledgeable participant in recall/recovery process
- Available to cover some summer holidays for production scheduling and/or customer service eventually leading to a rotating holiday schedule
- Cover reception area 1 hour per week along with reception team coverage during reception vacation
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree or minimum of 3-5 years related experience in a sales and production environment
- Logistics and scheduling experience are preferred
- Outstanding communication skills
- Strong ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Persuasive, principled, personable and outgoing
- Detailed and timely with a focus on accuracy
- Ability to interact with all departments
- Complete understanding of production flow
- Complete understanding of customer’s use of our products
- Complete understanding of customers ordering habits
- Good understanding of geography
- Solid computer skills to include MS Office applications
Internal and External Contacts:
- Operations Team
- Scheduling Team
- Plant Operators
- Office Personnel (Accounting, QA, R&D, Engineering)
- Freight Companies
Must be able to sit, speak/talk, and use hands to finger, handle or touch. Vision and hearing must be good. Must be able to use stairs. Must be able to load, drive and unload a mix cargo van for the purpose of making customer deliveries. Must be able to lift 60 pounds.
- Computer, telephone, calculator, copier, fax machine, postage meter.
- Office Environment. The typical noise level for this job is moderate.
Protective Clothing Required:
- Hairnet, lab coat, steel toe safety shoes when in the plant.
Position Status: Exempt/Non-union
Other Pertinent Information: N/A
This position description describes the general nature and level of work performed by the individual assigned to this position and should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the position. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties. All requirements are subject to change and possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.