Galloway Company is a local family owned and operated specialty dairy product manufacturer specializing in concentrated blended fluid milk processing. We sell nationwide, supplying quality dairy desserts, sweetened condensed milk and beverage bases for over 5 decades. Galloway Company’s unmatched quality and service is reflected in our industry leadership position in the products we sell as well as the services we provide to support our products and our customers.
We are currently recruiting for an Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) Manager. The EH&S Manager is the leader for environmental, health, safety and security programs, policies and initiatives supporting our manufacturing, logistics and office areas.
If you’re motivated and enjoy working in an environment that promotes innovative ideas, provides opportunities for leadership and project management and you possess a drive for continuous improvement, we encourage you to apply. You will be in a just-in-time, fast-paced work environment where you can gain the skills you need to achieve successful results at both an individual and team level. Galloway Company is FSSC 22000 certified in Food Safety.
- Manage and oversee all EH&S programs, policies, and procedures necessary to achieve the Company’s objectives and goals.
- Ensure all EH&S programs and policies are current and actively understood, meet all local, state and federal regulations related to environmental, health, and safety.
- Helps drive employee engagement to create and foster a proactive, empowered safety culture
- Manage safety incident reporting process including completion of investigations, implementation of corrective actions, and communication to key stakeholders
- Perform/Coordinate safety risk assessments for facility
- Ensure Safety KPI’s and in-process metrics/checks are in place that connect from management to the shop floor
- Manage Company security program
- Manage Environmental programs to include, Spill prevention, Storm Water, Deep Well Reporting, Evaporator Testing/WET Reporting, Sewer Reporting, Permits, etc.
- Conducts New Employee Safety orientation program
- Act to respond with solutions to resolve safety issues or actively engage additional resources to troubleshoot and resolve the issues (1st point of escalation for on-shift safety or environmental issues)
- Lead and facilitate company-wide Safety Initiatives to include training, safety committee, first aid and first responders, emergency response procedures, plant wide equipment/machinery safety and more
- Work with project teams to facility design safety reviews
- Manage the safety and security facets of our Food Safety 22000 certification
- Collaborate with all employees to identify safety risks and provide solutions
- Manage vendor relationships for EH&S related services and products
- Track and report progress of safety committee, area safety audits, incident investigations, and corrective action effectiveness
- Manage all federal, state and local regulatory reporting for environmental, health & safety requirements
- Perform necessary safety and regulatory inspections/audits as required by OSHA and other federal, state and local regulations
- Ensures all required OSHA training for employees and independent contractors has been completed
- Facilitate required training for all employees on such topics as security, crisis management and safety
- Along with the Human Resources Team, actively manage Worker’s Compensation cases, working closely with all appropriate parties
- Works to minimize our environmental foot print and ensures our manufacturing practices conform to our sanitary agreements
- Responsible for tracking and reporting of Company’s sustainability initiatives
- BA / BS degree in a related field (occupational safety, engineering, environmental science, industrial engineering) desired but not required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing organization, preferably food manufacturing, managing EHS programs and systems
- In depth health and safety compliance knowledge
- Highly developed organizational skills and ability to monitor and coordinate activities under your direction
- Developed skills in leadership, management, interpersonal, communication, analytical, organizational, decision making, conflict resolution, negotiating, influencing and transferring knowledge
- Solid computer skills to include MS Office applications
- Demonstrated understanding of safety program management and root cause analysis as well as corrective action writing and implementation
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements for DNR, OSHA, PPE, SDS, EPA, FDA
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to multitask and have a history of meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated accuracy with reporting and attention to the details
Company Core Values:
- Honesty – Caring about People
- Commitment – Develop People, Develop Processes
- Nimble – Innovation
- Empowerment – Improvement, Accountability, Measurement
- Pride – Focus on the Customer
We provide an attractive Midwest location. The Fox Valley is located on the western shores of Lake Winnebago, offering the outstanding quality of life found in mid-sized communities along with the outdoor activities of a lakeside location. We are a fun, family oriented organization.
Galloway Company offers an attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes health insurance, wellness programs, 401k Plan with company match, paid time off, life insurance, STD/LTD and much more.
If you are interested in applying for the Environmental, Health & Safety Manager at Galloway Company, please follow the link below to complete an online application and upload your resume:
Upon receipt of this information, you will receive an invitation to complete a Culture Survey. Resumes will be reviewed once the Culture Index Survey is completed. Galloway Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.