CONTROL SYSTEMS LEADER
A better chocolate bar and ice cream sundae are our passion. And, with your expertise and foresight, Galloway Company’s milk and cream products will be sweetened even more through operational improvements. As a Control Systems Leader, you’ll have the inside scoop on creating the most streamlined production enhancements and delivering the very best quality products to our customers.
Galloway is looking for a Control Systems Leader to join our Engineering Team. In this role you will provide leadership and direction to the roadmap for the DCS system via standards while supporting new operational installations and improvement projects from a controls engineering perspective. The Control Systems Leader will utilize the Gallo-Way project management system to involve all affected process owners/stakeholders when developing and implementing projects and process changes.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in the recommendation, design, development, installation, and maintenance of production equipment.
- Develops criteria and implements projects that convert current manual processes to automatic control using the Foxboro system control (this includes code, logic, graphics, hardware, documentation, and training). Functions as the engineering resource for troubleshooting and optimization of the manufacturing process.
- Builds trends for Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and control monitors.
- Designs, builds, and commissions new processes within the Foxboro Control System.
- Designs, develops, and implements test strategies to satisfy preventative maintenance action plan.
- Provides hands-on support for Foxboro Control System.
- Ensures engineering conformance to all regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring engineering activities are executed according to food safety and personal safety.
- Leads and coordinates justifiable process improvement projects.
- Develops and programs in the Foxboro Control System as well as other PLC controlled systems.
- Creates and ensures standards are followed in how the DCS system is used.
- Develops and Drives the DCS improvement roadmap.
- Ensures DCS is backed up and we have a way to recover from system or hardware losses.
- Ensures adequate spare parts inventory of DCS.
- Leads and collaborates with the Controls Engineering group and other programmers in best practices for HMI design and programming standards.
- Maintains our system architecture drawings to reflect as changes are made to the DCS.
- Actively supports the food safety management system and employee safety initiatives through adherence to policies and participation in various audits and meetings.
- Demonstrates behaviors and actions that align with Galloway culture and values.
- Flexibility in hours – some weekend/holiday work may be required.
- After-hours call-in support for engineering group on a rotating basis.
Required Knowledge, Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years’ experience with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in manufacturing.
- Distributed Control System (DCS) and/or Programmable Logic Controller management experience.
- Proven experience in programming and code writing skills in a Distributed Control System (DCS/PLC).
- Experience working with Foxboro IA control system preferred, but similar controls system considered.
- Engineering experience in a project management environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a highly regulated industry.
- Good organizational skills and ability to monitor and coordinate activities under your direction.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, analytical, organizational, decision making, influencing skills and an ability to transfer knowledge.
- Solid computer skills to include MS Office applications.
- AutoCad and SQL Database experience desired.
Company Core Values:
- Honesty – Caring about People
- Commitment – Develop People, Develop Processes
- Nimble – Innovation
- Empowerment – Improvement, Accountability, Measurement
- Pride – Focus on the Customer
Galloway Company offers an attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes, health insurance, wellness programs, 401k Plan with company match, paid time off, life insurance, STD/LTD and much more.
About Galloway Company:
At Galloway Company, we are committed to providing exceptional specialty dairy ingredients to our customers, meaningful employment to our team and continued support to our community. As a family owned business, we value our employees and treat them like family. We are committed to supporting a collaborative, fun, and high-trust work environment. We have a passion for getting it right the first time, being nimble, and doing what others won’t do. Part of remaining a leader in our industry involves empowering employees who take great pride in what they do and have a strong work ethic. These ideals allow Galloway Company to stay true to its mission-driven values and provide the best possible products to our customers.
If you are interested in applying for the Control Systems Leader position at Galloway Company, please click on the Apply button to complete an online application and upload your resume.
Upon receipt of this information, you will receive an invitation to complete a Culture Index Survey. Resumes will be reviewed once the Culture Index Survey is completed.
Galloway Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Galloway Company does not discriminate in employment and no question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excusing any applicant’s consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state or federal law. Galloway Company will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, race religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.