DIRECTOR – QA, RD, FOOD SAFETY, REGULATORY
Galloway Company is recruiting for a Director-QA, RD, Food Safety and Regulatory. As a key member of the Senior Leadership Team, you will be responsible for leading the continued development and implementation of a comprehensive, best-in-class approach to food safety, sanitation, quality, research and development, and regulatory compliance. This role would provide direction to all disciplines to assure that the entire organization has the systems, knowledge, capabilities, and practices to comply with all pertinent people and food safety regulations, government regulations, and customer requirements. Additionally, this position will interface with employees, facilities, agencies and customers to address issues identified for improvement or resolution.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a member of the Senior Leadership Team will:
- Provide advice regarding culture, growth, planning, talent, and legal issues
- Advise the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) on food safety, quality, and regulatory compliance matters
- Articulate activities and needs of the QA, R&D, and Food Safety
- Provide updates to the Board of Directors as needed
- Be an active participant in the strategic planning and annual budgeting activities
- Actively promotes and supports Galloway culture by ensuring all departments align with the organization’s mission, vision, and values
- Partner and collaborate with leadership on major organizational initiatives and ensures all initiatives align with the Company’s desired culture, mission, and strategic plan
- Provides an organizational resource for development of group & individual accountabilities and a framework for performance measurement against those goals
- Actively supports the food safety management system through adherence to policies and participation in various audits and meetings
- Drive innovation of new products and technology through collaboration with our customers and external resources
- Lead the Food Safety, Quality, Regulatory, and R&D teams. Ensure teams are continuously working to increase knowledge, solve problems, and develop new technologies that will allow the organization to work safely, assure quality, create new products, services, or improved ways of doing things
- Develop food safety and quality strategy roadmaps and lead its execution enterprise-wide
- Be accountable for the development, collection and reporting of safety and quality metrics
- Review the risk framework for areas of improvement in all areas of responsibility
- Review all group wide business processes of decision-making ensuring safety and quality are adequately and appropriately considered
- Ensure teams are resourced with highly capable talent with a complete succession plan
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to facilitate the achievement of strategy and drive a compliance mind-set across the business
Required Knowledge, Experience and Education:
- 10-15 years of progressive Food Safety, Quality, and Regulatory experience in modern, best practice functions
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Food Science, Microbiology or related field
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Experience with food/nutrition manufacturing
- Experience assessing food safety of formulas and ensuring finished product and raw material specifications are capable of delivering safe food
- Knowledge of QMS, SAP-QM, and LIMS database structures
- Strong food safety and quality background and knowledge of regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of statistical tools, metrics, and dash boarding
Company Core Values:
- Honesty- Caring about People
- Commitment- Develop people, Develop Processes
- Empowerment-Improvement, Accountability, Measurement
- Pride- Focus on the customer
Galloway Company offers an attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes health insurance, wellness programs, 401k Plan with company match, paid time off, life insurance, STD/LTD and much more.
About Galloway Company:
At Galloway Company we are committed to providing exceptional specialty dairy ingredients to our customers, meaningful employment to our team and continued support to our community. As a family-owned business, we value our employees and treat them like family. We are committed to supporting a collaborative, fun, and high-trust work environment. We have a passion for getting it right the first time, being nimble, and doing what others won’t do. Part of remaining a leader in our industry involves empowering employees who take great pride in what they do and have a strong work ethic. These ideals allow Galloway Company to stay true to its mission-driven values and provide the best possible products to our customers.
If you are interested in applying for the Director-QA, R&D, Food Safety and Regulatory position at Galloway Company, please click on the Apply button to upload your resume.
Upon receipt of this information, you will receive an invitation to complete a Culture Index Survey. Resumes will be reviewed once the Culture Index Survey is completed.
Galloway Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Galloway Company does not discriminate in employment and no question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excusing any applicant’s consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state or federal law. Galloway Company will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, race religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.