Galloway Company is a local family owned and operated specialty dairy product manufacturer specializing in fluid milk processing. We have been supplying quality dairy desserts and bases for over 5 decades. Galloway Company’s unmatched quality and service is reflected in the products we sell as well as the services we provide to support our products and our customers. We are currently recruiting for an Engineering Intern.
The Engineering Department at Galloway Company is responsible for the installation and optimization of Distributed Control System (DCS) computers and associated instrumentation for controlling the Dairy Product Manufacturing processes. They are also responsible for capital and expense projects to improve the safety, reliability, and efficiency of the processes.
- This position will work with Control System Engineers, Process Specialist and Manufacturing Operations Engineer to document instrumentation systems.
- The following are the major areas of work, and skill requirements, for this position:
- Follow safe work practices and comply with safety and food safety rules and guidelines.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, Galloway standards, and symbols for P&IDs and Loop Sheets used to document the manufacturing process equipment, piping, and instrumentation.
- Engineering Intern may draw or work with Engineers to draw new or revise existing documentation.
- Provide support to design equipment layouts, I/O cabinet layouts, and other miscellaneous drawings in support of project requirements.
- Meet with engineering and operations team to discuss potential projects and the priority of each project.
- Work with maintenance, electricians, and other contractors to complete small to large scope projects.
The following tasks may be required based on the needs of the department.
- Use the Foxboro Display Builder to create graphical displays for the operator interface to the DCS.
- Provide support for building spreadsheet files and trend displays for troubleshooting operational problems.
- Provide Electrical and Controls support for manufacturing operations.
- Learn to program using a Foxboro DCS system to support capital projects.
- Currently enrolled in an Associate’s or Bachelor’s of Engineering Degree program.
- Individual must also have/be:
- The ability to work 10-30 hours per week
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office software
- Productive and accurate in their work
- The ability to communicate and work with Engineers and Plant Operators to understand what is expected, and accomplish tasks
- The ability to do field verification and drawing distribution work
- An interest in electronics/instrumentation
- Eager to learn new processes
- Possess skills such as strong work ethic, team oriented attitude, good verbal and written communications, self-directed and initiative.
Company Core Values:
- Honesty – Caring about People
- Commitment – Develop People, Develop Processes
- Nimble – Innovation
- Empowerment – Improvement, Accountability, Measurement
- Pride – Focus on the Customer
If you are interested in applying for the Engineering Intern at Galloway Company, please click on the Apply button to upload your resume/online application.
Upon receipt of this information you will receive an invitation to complete a Culture Survey. Resumes will be reviewed once the Culture Index Survey is completed. Galloway Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Galloway Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Galloway Company does not discriminate in employment and no question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excusing any applicant’s consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state or federal law. Galloway Company will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, race religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.