TECHNICAL SUPPORT ANALYST
Galloway Company is a local family owned and operated specialty dairy product manufacturer specializing in concentrated blended fluid milk processing. We sell nationwide, supplying quality dairy desserts, sweetened condensed milk and beverage bases for over 5 decades. Galloway Company’s unmatched quality and service is reflected in our industry leadership position in the products we sell as well as the services we provide to support our products and our customers.
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Support Analyst.The position will provide front line support to the organization as a member of the IT Infrastructure team. As member of this team, daily activities will include first level troubleshooting, incident resolution, equipment rollout, break fix and calibration of IT peripheral equipment. This role also includes end user support and trouble ticket resolution with after hours and weekends on a monthly rotation schedule.
If you’re motivated and enjoy working in an environment that promotes innovative ideas, provides opportunities for professional growth and development and you possess a drive for continuous improvement, we encourage you to apply. You will be in a just-in-time, fast-paced work environment where you can gain the skills you need to achieve successful results at both an individual and team level. Galloway Company is FSSC 22000 certified in Food Safety.
- Provides first level of support per request from various team members and investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Assists with training users on new desktop hardware and software.
- Supports end-users with Microsoft Office Products.
- Configures and installs client desktop systems according to standards.
- Takes part in an after-hours and weekend on-call (1 weekend per month) rotation as per schedule.
- Assists with onboarding and credentialing new users.
- Assists with configuring hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Performs regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Assists with performing daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off-site as necessary.
- Performs regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Creates, changes, and deletes user accounts per request.
- Repairs and recovers from hardware or software failures. Coordinates and communicates with impacted team members.
- Assists with applying OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configures / adds new services as necessary.
- Assists with upgrading and configuring system software that supports ERP infrastructure applications, applications per project, or operational needs.
- Maintains operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Performs periodic performance monitoring.
- Assists with performing ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Minimum Associates Degree (2-year), with a technical computer related major or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Demonstrated complex troubleshooting ability
- Must have the ability to work effectively with end-users, gain their confidence, understand technical and operational needs, and translate them into viable technical solutions. Superior verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be able to work independently, deal with a variety of complex problems, and ability to make timely decisions.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Proven ability to manage your time and prioritize tasks.
- Demonstrates behaviors and actions that align with Galloway culture and values.
- Actively supports the Food Safety Management system and Employee Safety Initiatives through adherence to policies, and participation in various audits and meetings.
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
- Microsoft or another computer related certification preferred. Desktop OS, Server OS, Peripheral proficient
- Microsoft Office 2016 and Microsoft Office 365
- Azure, Active Directory, Intune, Exchange, PowerShell, Fortinet/Cisco Networking, Hyper-V, VMWare, Linux, Fortinet, Office 365, EMC SAN, Dell/HPE Server skills a plus
Company Core Values:
- Honesty – Caring about People
- Commitment – Develop People, Develop Processes
- Nimble – Innovation
- Empowerment – Improvement, Accountability, Measurement
- Pride – Focus on the Customer
We provide an attractive Midwest location. The Fox Valley is located on the western shores of Lake Winnebago, offering the outstanding quality of life found in mid-sized communities along with the outdoor activities of a lakeside location. We are a fun, family oriented organization.
Galloway Company offers an attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes health insurance, wellness programs, 401k Plan with company match, paid time off, life insurance, STD/LTD and much more.
If you are interested in applying for the Technical Support Analyst at Galloway Company, please click on the Apply button to complete an online application and upload your resume.
Upon receipt of this information, you will receive an invitation to complete a Culture Index Survey. Resumes will be reviewed once the Culture Index Survey is completed.
Galloway Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Galloway Company does not discriminate in employment and no question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excusing any applicant’s consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state or federal law. Galloway Company will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, race religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.